Important Note: With respect to the filing and delivery of Form ADV, Oxford is relying on following Order:
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION [Release No. IA-5469 / March 25, 2020] – ORDER UNDER SECTION 206A OF THE INVESTMENT ADVISERS ACT OF 1940 GRANTING EXEMPTIONS FROM SPECIFIED PROVISIONS OF THE INVESTMENT ADVISERS ACT AND CERTAIN RULES THEREUNDER.
Our Commitment to You—Our Client
Oxford Financial Group, Ltd., is committed to respecting the individual privacy of clients. In accordance with federal regulations, Oxford is disclosing this notice to tell you how we use information about our clients.Oxford Financial Group, Ltd., is committed to respecting the individual privacy of clients. In accordance with federal regulations, Oxford is disclosing this notice to tell you how we use information about our clients.
As an Oxford client, you have entrusted to our care personal and financial data. We recognize that your relationship with us is based upon trust and that you expect us to act responsibly and in your best interest. Because your personal and financial data is your private information, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in its safekeeping and use. This means, most importantly, that we do not sell client information—whether it is personal information or the fact that you are an Oxford client—to anyone. Instead, information is used by us primarily to provide financial advice, to complete transactions, or to make clients aware of other financial services that we offer.
Information We Collect About Our Clients
We obtain non-public personal information about our clients from the following sources:
- Information we receive on applications or other forms, which may include names, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates, assets, income and accounts at other institutions.
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as account balance and investment activities.
- Information we receive from insurance companies, agencies, personal accountants, and attorneys, such as insurance coverage, income taxes, estate affairs and family circumstances.
How We Handle Your Personal Information
As emphasized above, we do not sell information about current or former clients or their accounts to third parties. Nor do we share such information, except when needed to complete transactions or to make clients aware of related financial services that we offer. Here are the details:
- In order to complete certain transactions or to provide financial services, it may be necessary for us to provide nonpublic personal information to companies, individuals, or groups that are not affiliated with Oxford. For example, the implementation and administration of a financial plan may require Oxford to provide nonpublic personal information to unaffiliated money managers, custodians, brokerage firms and insurance companies that have been selected based upon recommendations to our clients.
- In order to alert our clients to other Oxford financial services, we may share information within the Oxford family of affiliated companies. This would include, for example, sharing information within Oxford to make clients aware of new asset management and trust services offered through Oxford’s trust company or affiliated investment advisers.
- In certain instances, we may contract with non-affiliated companies to perform services for us. Where necessary, we will disclose information we have to these third parties. In all such cases, we provide the third party with only the information necessary to carry out its assigned responsibilities and only for that purpose. And, we require these third parties to treat private information with the same high degree of confidentiality that we do.
- Finally, we will release information if the client directs us to do so, if we are compelled by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances. For example, we may share personal information to: protect account(s) from fraud or respond to a subpoena or service account(s).
How We Safeguard Personal Information
We restrict access to information to those Oxford employees who need to know the information to provide services. We maintain strict physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information.
We Keep Clients Informed
Part 2 of the firm’s current Form ADV, filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, under the Investment Act of 1940, is also available in printed form at no charge upon written request.
Oxford, or its representatives, may only transact business in the state if properly registered or exempt or excluded from registration. No individualized responses will be made by Oxford, or its representatives, in the state unless all registration requirements have been met.